To ensure maximum comfort, memories and enjoyment of your Doubtful Sound Sea Kayak we recommend that you bring the following items to Doubtful Sound:
- A packed lunch & a water bottle or drink to take on the kayak with you
- Sunblock, sunglasses, sunhat
- Insect repellent
- Camera plus extra film and or spare memory card, spare batteries
- Raincoat plus warm jacket/fleece
- Swimwear (for under the wetsuit)
- Spare soft shoes & warm socks
- In a small day pack or small carry bag
Note: please come prepared for both wet/cold and fine weather as conditions can be changeable throughout the day. Large tramping packs are not suitable to bring on the tour as storage space is limited but we can store luggage items for you at our office.
Once you leave Manapouri and board the boat there is no opportunity to purchase items – please have everything with you that you need for the tour as we will leave shops behind for the duration of the tour!